- This event has passed.
Seminar: Sound in Urban Planning
September 28 @ 15:30 - 17:30
Form: Seminar / Date: 28 September / Time:15.00 – 18.00 / Price: Free / Language: English/Danish
- Arnthrudur Gisladottir, Niras A/S
- Marie Koldkjær Højlund, AU
- Morten Roar Berg, Saint-Gobain
- Martin Hallberg, Efterklang (AFRY)
- Maria Mónica Ballesteros Villareal , PhD student at DTU/ Rockwool
- Mads Bolberg, Rockwool
- Morten Melberg, Søuld
The quality of the urban sound environment, as well as indoor building acoustics, are essential for healthier and more livable urban environments – although the subject is often forgotten or downgraded. How do we strengthen the interdisciplinary collaboration between acousticians and urban planners, architects and other partners that are traditionally outside the sound industry? How do we as humans perceive sound and noise? And how do we overcome the dilemmas occurring when sustainable solutions might require further acoustical damping and thus are less cost efficient?
This afternoon, we are setting the scene for field experts, researchers, entrepreneurs, acousticians, urban planners, architects, sustainability experts, and other relevant profiles to mutually inspire each other and discuss the cross-disciplinary work needed for better acoustic conditions in future buildings and urban environments.
- Welcome by Niras Green Tech Hub and Danish Sound Cluster
- Informing the urban planning and design practice with sound-aware expertise.
- Talk and Q&A. Arnthrudur Gisladottir, ph. D, Niras A/S
- Everyday sound environments. Soundscapes, sound walks & sound design. Presentation and panel discussion
- Dilemmas when acoustics meet sustainability – discussion of macro tendencies in the built environment. Presentation and discussion
- Demos and dialogue with startups working with sustainable materials: Søuld, Triboo, Shape Acoustic, Mikkel Venge
- Refreshments and networking